The Morrow County Health District has released updated guidance on quarantine in schools.
Here is the most pertinent information of the guidance:
“…As such, students who are exposed to a COVID-19 case in the classroom will not be required to quarantine, as long as the distancing and masking protocols set by the school have been maintained. Social distancing within the classroom is individualized by what each school has currently established as acceptable and possible for their district, whether it is 3 feet or 6 feet.
In order for a student to be exempt from quarantine the following must apply:
- The exposure occurred within the classroom, AND
- The social distancing requirements set by the school were followed, AND
- The masking requirements were followed, AND
- The hand hygiene protocols were followed.
The procedures for students who are exposed during sports, extracurricular activities, or other non-classroom circumstances remain unchanged as the risk for disease spread is higher.”
The same guidance will apply to our staff that are in the classroom setting as well.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.
– Brian Petrie, Superintendent